Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finesse Clean + Simple, update

Finesse Clean + Simple Still Going Strong
So, I previously posted a review of Finesse Clean + Simple Shampoo. I have some updated information for you, my soon to be loyal readers.

So, after further use of Finesse Clean + Simple, I have discovered that it does foam up, just not as much as a normal shampoo. Due to the shampoo and conditioner's lack of chemicals the product is a bit thinner than standard haircare products. So, if you use this, be sure to be careful not to pour out more than you need.

I previously mentioned that I attempted a haircare regime of baking soda and apple cider vinegar. One of the issues with this regime is that during the first two to four weeks your hair may actually be greasier. I have always had a problem with greasy hair.

The reason for this is because our hair is so used to the harmful chemicals that strip the essential oils from the hair. After this stripping of oils the hair produces much more of the oils to try and compensate.

Our body becomes so used to producing this extra oil to keep hair healthy, that even though you may use a natural method which does not strip the oils from your hair, it takes your body a little while to realize this. So for those first few weeks of using the Finesse Clean + Simple you may experience greasy hair.

A way to cut down on this is to get a trim the day you plan to start this hair care system. This is not always a fool proof method. From my time using vinegar and baking soda to wash my hair I learned that after two weeks of using a natural method you should get a trim and this way your hair will be cleansed of the harmful chemicals in your old shampoo.

I'm not entirely sure of the reason that hair does this. I would guess it has something to do with the fact that when you get split ends your hair produces more oils because its growth has come to a near stop. When you cut your hair it will start growing again. So your hair will produce less oils. The change in your hair care regimen around this time combined with the new hair growth will help to signal your body to produce less oil.

Well...this is me...your humble average american woman...Deirdre Heart <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment